Monday, July 28, 2014

7/21/14

Thank you for the Birthday Wishes! The piano playing was pretty good, I decided to sit out for one of the songs because I really had no idea how to play it, and didnt want to make the singing worse. I repented of that while they were singing, and vowed to not sit out on the piano, and at LEAST play the top hand, a few of the notes at least. Because the singing was AWFUL. It was so sad. Very very sad, and bad. I will be playing for everything now. Hahaha.

Me and my companion share the same food likes. She is very sweet, and sometimes im sweet, so that is something in common, she loves animals, is not afraid of them. Desires to serve God and work extremely hard. A mutual desire to help the people here. Im sure there are more, I just cant think of them right now.

My leaders are great, I do get along with them quite well. They normally leave us alone, which I am fine with. Sometimes they come with us to do visits, which doesnt bother me either, because they just want to see how they can help us. Today, we are going to be making TACOS and watching a movie, im not sure which one yet. We are making tacos because we want to, and we have 2 real life mexicans in out zone (sisters) who are going to help us make real mexican tacos peruvian style (because Im sure there are some ingredients that we dont have here). So im excited to eat tacos.

The Peruvian Festival sounds awesome. I LOVE Picarones. I will be honest, the first few times, I was not too impressed with the sauce either, but you have to get used to its sweet/bitter taste, and it is delicious! I did know that the main ingredients were squash, but im still not sure how... I will have to figure out how to make them. But that makes me happy that they were able to make those in Utah, that means there is hope for me to make them there too! (I have recipes, but I am not familiar with all of the ingredients in espaƱol, I will have to look and translate some of the things). Are they going to do the peruvian festival again next year do you know?  That is funny about the drunk. Drunks can be pretty funny sometimes.

Wow! How time flies. I feel like we just started July, but now we are about to enter August. Im turning 21 (I feel so OLD!!!). I can definitely say that the defining year of my life that I have had until now, has been the year 20 of my life. That is where I changed, grew, and still growing right now. And I will never take that back, I dont even wish to take it back.

I love you so much mom, and hope that you have a great week.

Love Always and Forever,
Hermana Heather Whatcott

No comments:

Post a Comment