Tuesday, March 4, 2014

3/3/14

How did you all know that I had transfers?... or was it just a guess. Hahaha. I did get transferred, to the zone Carabayllo, on the other side of the mountains from my other zone. I was content leaving my other area. I love my other area so much, and was sad leaving of course, and I cried, but I knew it was my time to go. I could feel it a few weeks ago. My new area has hills, and is a little bigger than my zone in  Magnolias. But its good. I dont know my area well at all, neither the investigators or members. But in a few weeks I should have the hang of it. I have plans to take more pictures in this zone. I forgot my cord today, so I will have to send some next week. Normally I have the cord with the camera, but for whatever reason I took it out. Oh well. My new companion is from Bolivia, and has 3 months in the mission. She is AWESOME. She is a little spontaneous, and has a strong testimony, and likes to talk. But I love her, and I think we are going to get along really well.  In this transfer, I am going to learn how to have fun, be a little more spontaneous, and how to help people with their problems, and how to marry people (or try to at least.) New apartment?? Really nice, apart from we dont have running water from 8:30 am until 11:00 pm. And we have to pour a bucket of water in the toilet to "flush." That part I missed in the email to mom, I think she would be very interested in that part. I will have to take a picture. Our apartment is a LOT cooler than my other apartment. Its nice, has tile floors. Oh, and cockroaches. Not many, but we find at least 5  week. I am more for the screaming or freaking out, my companion is ok with killing and disposing of them. hahaha.... but I do prefer the cockroaches over the spiders. So I am counting my blessings. :D

Oh man, 9 fast sundays to go! That is so short! I dont have many transfers either... I have about.....6 transfers left I think, maybe five. (A transfer is every 6 weeks, and they go by flying). I am hanging in here. I am not going home until december. I am working hard to change the lives of the people here for the better. That is my goal. I never really liked to have a "baptism goal" for the mission, just because I would rather convert the people, and change the people, than try to baptize them. Because I know they have progressed, when they realize that to change, they need this baptism, they can be changed forever.

Something interesting about this area, I am realizing that people have problems, real life problems. There is one man named Antonio, who we are teaching, and he is a drunk. He has accepted that he has a problem and that he wants to change, but he cant stop drinking. As of now, I have not seen him without alcohol in his system. And just so you all know, the smell of alcohol in the breath of someone is not the best smell. It smells awful.

Pray for my investigators, they really need it, they need so much help to change and accept the gospel of Jesus Christ. I love you so much, and thank you for everything!!!

Love Always,
Hermana Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment