Friday, November 1, 2013

10/28/13

Things are going well. We had an interesting past few days. Hna P got sick on Thursday, and it was really weird. After we ate lunch, her stomach was hurting, so she lied down for awhile. Then when I checked on her, she couldnt move. She could talk just below a whisper, and couldnt move her body at all. So I called the elders, whether she wanted me to or not I didnt give her the choice, and they gave her a blessing and we gave her pills. She sat up a few hours later, and then went back to sleep for the night. The same thing happened the next day. But we were at a conference. She was sitting there, getting weaker and weaker, and then she couldnt move. She couldnt even support her own head. We went to the hospital, but all of the tests came out normal, and she eventually regained usage of her body. It is kind of really scary. But shes been good since, basically. She said that when she goes back home, she will most likely look into it a little more, because its not normal. And it had happened about two years ago when she was studying in the university. But I am glad she is doing better. :)

This week I have readily enjoyed talking in spanish. I understand a lot, but I will get uninterested in the conversation because I dont understand the concept, and I get distracted by my english thoughts. Hahaha. Thats a little bit of a down side, but I understand! And I respond pretty well. Ok, last pday, I was helping cook lunch with our pensionista, and we were cooking spaghetti sauce. I was cooking the red stuff, cause thats what she put in the pan, and I was adding spices, and making sure it was good. Then she put in a big hunk of uncooked hamburger in the middle of the sauce. I froze. I told her, youre supposed to cook the hamburger BEFORE the sauce. She said whoops. (they dont make spaghetti much here, lol) I made sure it got cooked. I thought it was super funny though. Hna P doesnt like to cook/doesnt know how either. Our pensionista LOVES us. She tells us (hna p) just about everything. She is around 30/35 in age I think. So practically our age, lol.

There are a lot of drunks here. Especially this month, because it is the month of drinking, or some type of this holiday for catholics. I was like, seriously?? Latinos love to party, love to drink. Its definitely a different culture down here.

Its starting to warm up. And people say it hasnt even hit the hot part. We are gonig to die. I am grateful though that we dont have to hike the mountain at all. I feel a little bad for the elders. But its better that they do that for multiple reasons. For one, it is extremely difficult to hike in a skirt. Staying modest with that is so hard. Keep the skirt down, and hike up. Yeah, fun stuff. Lol.

I love you all so much, and thank you for your support. Love you!

Love Always,
Hermana Heather

      “We are not here to play, to dream, to drift.  We have hard work to do and heavy loads to lift.  Shun not the struggle - face it.  This is God’s gift.” -- President David O. McKay

      “And whoso receiveth you, there will I be also, for I will go before your face.  I will be on your right hand and on your left, and my spirit shall be in your hearts, and mine angels round about you, to bear you up.” -- D&C 84:88

No comments:

Post a Comment