Tuesday, September 10, 2013

9/9/13

Im kind of progressing in my spanish, Im starting to understand more of what people say now. Not all of the time, but some. My spanish is really broken. I know my sentance structure in english wasnt very good, and its worse in spanish. I know what I want to say in my head, but on its way out, it jumbles. I think there is a slight glitch between my brain and my mouth... blah.

Guess what?! I sprained my other ankle this week.... yup! I stepped off of a curb with my good foot (because I have been doing it so I dont continue to hurt the first bad foot) and it was a little bit bigger of a curb, and my ankle buckled and I completely fell. I met with the doctor two days later on friday, and he said it is severely sprained (grade 2 sprain?), but not broken. So thats good news! Lesson, I think I am NEVER leaving my cane. EVER. Haha. I am not sure what I am supposed to learn from this. But I still walk as fast and as carefully as I can. There´s nothing more I can do. So thats been fun. ;)
Sometimes kids like me, sometimes they dont. Initially its funny because they will look at me, and their eyes will get SO BIG, and then they hide their face, and then peak up at me. Its kind of funny.

I wouldnt say there are a LOT of wild dogs here. I think a lot of them "belong" to people. They really lay in front of the door, and they are protective of the house, so we have to be a little careful. There is one dog that we call PANCHO. He likes following us around sometimes. He´s really nice, and does his own thing. There is this one dog though, that I do NOT like. At all. He is bigger, and scary looking, and will come after us. I use my cane to keep him at a distance. Oh, once this past week, we were walking in the manzanas (the mountain area) and there were two dogs that were coming after us, and wouldnt leave us alone. It was kind of scary, because there were two of them, and we were walking downhill, with the dogs behind us. They finally left us alone, but to be honest, I was a little scared. Mostly Im not afraid of the animals here. I like to watch their body language, and I can usually tell if they are being aggressive, friendly, playful, etc. I really like it. I wonder if there is a career in animal behavior... I really love observing and analyzing what they might do next.

Basically, we have about one hour to write the mission president and do our emails. Its a little stressful. Sometimes we get a little more time if we are lucky. Our "assigned time" is 10:45-12:00. More or less. And I believe that we are an hour ahead of you all... we dont have time changes. So when the time changes for you all, I think it will end up being a two hour time difference.

We do not have the schedule cards anymore. Lol. We have upgraded to a little schedule booklet. It consists of 6 weeks (so one transfer) and we get new ones every transfer. So less of a hassle. Dont need to carry around those large cards. Hahaha. One of the members in our ward showed us his missionary "agendas." Phew, Im glad we have our booklet. One of the missionaries in our stake will have to show you sometime.

Our district is great. Right now we have I think 3-4 companionships in the district, about 8 people. More or less. And then in our zone about 8 companionships. Its great. Our district leader is leaving us today:( he is going home. To Bolivia. He is a fantastic Elder, and hes been a really good friend. Just one of those persons that I really did connect with.

An interesting person that we met. Last week we met a guy named Manuel. We were just walking, and he kind of yelled at us "what congregation do you belong to?" well, we took the chance, "church of jesus christ of latter day saints" "when do you guys meet?" "can we leave a pamphlet with you?" "does it have the directions?" so we talked with him for a while, he is a very interesting, loud, person. One of those who likes to be kind of funny. Hna P said that these types of people are hard to work with, because its hard for them to take things seriously. But he was definitely INTERESTING.

I love you all so very much!!

Love Always,
Hermana Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment