Wednesday, September 25, 2013

9/23/13

This week has been extremely LONG to be honest. I was sick Sunday through Tuesday, and recouped on wednesday. I did stuff on monday, but sunday night I had a fever, and then tuesday I threw up. And I had a bad cold. It was not a good few days. My companions couldnt go anywhere tuesday because i was sick, and there were no members to leave me with. I literally slept all tuesday, and the afternoon/evening of monday.

The sisters day was fun. We played "minute to win it" games, ate KFC (yum! no rice!) and chatted. Basically thats all we want to do. Lol. It was nice to talk with all of the sisters, and the sisters that were in my district in the CCM (oh, all of the sisters in my district at the CCM were lima north sisters, and then our two elders went to cochobamba bolivia).

Transfers were two weeks ago, so we have four more weeks left in this transfer. Transfers go by so quickly. it makes it easier for me to think in transfers. not as depressing. Because next transfer is christmas time! So for me it is really close. Not three months away, which is more true. lol.

My ankles are doing well. i almost think being sick was a little bit of a blessing, because my left ankle isnt swelling NEAR as  bad as it was before (that was the first sprain). I think resting it for those three days was really good for them. My right ankle tends to hurt more. I cant move it completely like it should, but the doctor did say at least 6 weeks to heal, and its only been almost 3. So patience.... :/

The flooring in peoples homes... depends. Cement, tile, laminate. No carpet. Carpet does NOT exist here. Rugs I rarely see either. I miss carpet... I miss being able to walk around in just socks, or even bare feet in the house. But here, its just so dirty. I miss clean things. I miss my cleaning supplies. I think you would die with how gross things are here. I understand now why papa loved paraguay, but would never want to live there. Hahaha.  Peru is nice for now, but I really dont want to live here permanently.

V* is doing well. She attended all three hours of church this sunday! And the young womens leader said that she is super good, and participated a lot. So that is exciting. We are still working on her mom for permission.

We have another girl, A*, who is 14 years old, and has a STRONG testimony of the gospel, and is so excited to be baptized. Last week she talked to her dad, and he said no. She came in the room with tears streaming down her face. She was so heartbroken. We told her she needs to respect her dad, and he doesnt understand what is baptism. I suggested for her to share what she is learning with us. That is what papa likes to know. What are we learning, why things are important to us.

We dont have much support from the ward here. The bishop doesnt do much. He is the head, and if he used the power, he could move the ward to bigger and greater things. But he doesnt. During meetings he plays with his phone, answers it, does other things. Doesnt pay attention or respect when other people are talking. It is frustrating. Not much is progressing in this ward. And it is disheartening for us. So many less actives, and people dont do anything. And I am not sure if home teachers exist around here either... i think they would help a lot with the less actives. We cant work to activate the less actives AND baptize more people. The numbers are so low here. It is really frustrating, and we are trying to do everything to up the numbers, but they are so low.

This morning I was thinking, if I were to go home now, the way I am right now, I might actually be very different. I dont notice it, but I think I am. I am starting to like to have CLEANLINESS. Because nothing is clean here. I understand the need to clean, but I have nothing to clean WITH. Its frustrating. I also want to cook my own food. I am tired of rice. And I still have over a year to go with the rice (rice. Everday. half of the plate). Potatoes arent that bad, I rather like them. But the rice. No. No more after this....hahahaha.

Love you to the moon and back!
Hermana Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment