Monday, January 6, 2014

12/30/13

I was very happy to see you guys, the boys are growing fast. Like weeds. I took various photos and video during the call. So I am content with it all. I wasnt that trunkie after to be honest. Yeah, sad that we had to end it, but after a few minutes, I was fine. And then Elder G* talked to his family. It was kind of funny. He was so nervous, and trying to put everything perfect, and then freaked when the phone started ringing to talk to his family. He will be with them in about two weeks.... :,( (ok, happy for him, sad for us lol)

The plans for new years. We are going to have a zone activity where we are going to hike up the mountain on the 31 of December, and watch the fireworks from up high. There is supposed to be more fireworks on new years than on Christmas. I am so excited, because the view from up there is SO COOL. We were up there with the zone leaders last week when we were delivering little gifts to the kids up in that part. We took some good pictures. Or all of the pictures are in the camera of my companion and one of the elders. I will have to see if I can send you some of them. But thats the plan. We arent having pday today, we are just writing the family, and then on New years day, we are having pday. I think it is because not many people are going to be in their houses, and im sure lots of them are drunk anyways. I prefer to stay inside on these days. Hahahaha.

My showers are about 10 minutes. I was wondering when you were going to ask that. Hahaha. Sometimes I go about 15 if I am washing my hair. There are times when the water decides it doesnt want to come out (usually the days I am trying to wash my hair) so thats why it is a little longer.

We contacted two families in the street the other day, and we went and visited one of them yesterday. I have high hopes for this family, they seem like a good one. I am really excited to teach them. We are still fighting for the permission to baptize a girl we have been teaching for about 3 months. Her mom says yes, but her dad doesnt know (who is very catholic) and the girl (11 years old) and the mom say that they need to consult the dad. The dad doesnt live anywhere near we are, so it is up to them, and our pushing to make it happen. We are still hoping!!!

So thats whats been going on. We basically just had lessons on Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, because with Christmas, and our pday on tuesday, and our activity that we had on Monday, we worked the other days. It was a good week. I still cant believe that christmas was this week. It didnt feel like christmas to be honest. Just another day. I like the way we celebrate it a little better. Probably because thats what I am accustomed to.

I love you so very much mom! Thank you for everything you do, and everything you have taught me, have a spectacular week! And stay safe through New years!! See you next year!!! ;D

Love Always and Forever,
Hermana Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment