Tuesday, October 15, 2013

10/14/13

Transfers are next week. We will have to see what happens there. Nothing is secure. I learned that on emergency transfers. So we will see. I dont want to leave this area. I love it so much.

The stake is called Magnolias, and the ward is Magnolias. It might be easier to search on lds.org. A cool tid bit about our area, is that all the streets are named a type of profession.

To walk up to our apartment, the stairs are outside, and there are railings. From the roof, we can see the other roofs. Oh, on much of the roofs, there are different types of things. People have their laundry hanging out (like on ours). On our neighbors, there are lots of roosters in crates. On one across the street there are chickens, rabbits, and I think a sheep. Often there are dogs on the roofs of houses. On one house last week, we saw (for the first time) a bunch of yearling lambs on a roof. It was a bit strange, even for here. We just kind of looked at one of the lambs as it was bahhing at us. It was funny.

As for the people in this area, yesterday, we brought an older man to church. He is a member, but hasnt attended church for over 50 years, and he went to church yesterday! We were super happy. And there was another woman who hasnt been to church in years neither, and refused every time her daughter (members) invited here. And when we went to get her, she said that she was going to go with her family. WHAT?!?! Yup, and she was at church. So awesome.

We get a lot of offers for help from the ward members. Its so awesome. But we are a little confused on how to use them. So we will have to see what we can do with them. How to organize and whatnot. Because we also have offers from members in other wards (the girls want to go out with us, because the cant with the elders).

I am so grateful for this gospel. My body is always so tired and hurting, but I feel so great. It doesnt matter. I just want to teach. My spanish isnt that good, but I try and understand, and I find ways to speak. Where theres a will, theres a way. Joshua 1:9 in the bible. "Fear not, for the lord thy god is with thee, whithersoever thou goest"

Thank you so much. And good luck in all of your ways. Stay strong, feed your spirits with the gospel every day. I love you so much, stay safe!

Love Always,
Hermana Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment